Some questions about input

Hi

First one, is possible to assign to keys to same button like in mame? neogeo really needs A+B or B+C in one key…

Second, any way to configure the input for THE game, not the GUI? if i change the input keys for a core/game, the GUI is affected… i dont found much sense to this, since the GUI and cores must be something different… no?

Thanks

No, button assignment is 1:1, not many to one or one to many.

You can usually change input within a core by loading a game, opening the menu and then going to ‘core input remapping’. There, you can move buttons around on the retropad. But to answer your question, no, the games and menu are tied together through the ‘retropad’ abstraction and that’s intentional.

wow, is a totally mess, almost every core have different input configuration, that make the GUI very impractical to use, or at least, difficult

Im dissapoint about the first question, neogeo is a lot less usable than other emulators because of this, specially in games like Kabuki Klash or Samurai Spirits that most of the time press B+D for example, is the only way to get normal strong attack. I can use a autohotkey script to do this, but is not the idea…

One more question, sorry, is about turbo, i can see how to assign a button to use or not turbo, but not how to assign turbo to a key, for example, in Famicom/NES core, i use Z & X for B/A buttons, i like to use A & S for the turbo B/A

Hope i can explain myself

Thanks

You just can use per game remap in the core input settings. Are you using a gamepad?

No, im using keyboard,

EDIT:

ok, finally i found some kind of “solution” to the multiploe button using Final Burn for neogeo games, i can assign AB, AC, etc to one key, thats great

Sadly not all cores seems to support this, but at least my priority for multiple button, the neogeo games, is working good. Thanks a lot