Some text no longer showing up under non menu widgets

So this has happened since 1.7.8 first launched and I hadn’t seen any responses on this, but whenever I fast forward on RetroArch now, it no longer displays the text on the corner while it happens, I know it’s supposed to, since it does it for everything else (pausing, screenshots, save states, etc) and it sometimes appears for a split second if I mash it, but most of the time it doesn’t show up anymore, this is after testing, removing configs, messing with the appropriate settings, updating assets, doing a fresh install, enabling/disabling overlays, nothing works and it simply won’t show up anymore, this persisted even with the recent V4 update.

Screenshot to show what I mean.

Does anyone else have this issue? Steps to reproduce it are changing the notifications, disabling menu widgets, then fast forwarding and looking in the corner.

This is on Windows 10, Tested on two different systems (one laptop with d3d11, old system, the other is a desktop with the gl driver, more recent system, this happens on both systems)

EDIT: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/290378105355370499/622997689054920744/video0.mov Here’s a video link, I don’t know if it’ll show up, Fast Forward only shows up for a split second so it might be hard to see, but it doesn’t show up most of the time, but rewind and any other text shows up just fine.