Sound crackling/not correct with Snes

First time using RetroArch on a Windows 10 laptop (attempted to load both with retroarch app and retroarch_debug) Downloaded cores; bnes - accuracy, Snes9x, Snes9x 2010 and tested on a few different games and all has a crackling/delay/all around bad sound. Video and game response all good though. I could only find one old post about a similar issue and attempted to do those fix from; Changing audio driver from xaudio to dsound to wasapi. Did not correct issue. Changing video output turning Hard GPU Sync on to off and changing GPU sync frames and frame delay, againg did not correct any sound errors.

Like the original post I found, everything works great while using Snes9x by itself, so I know it to be a RetroArch problem.

Any ideas would be much appreciated because I do enjoy the layout and ease with RetroArch and would like to use more systems on it in the furture.

edit Attempt with Genesis Plus GX core and same issue. Also attempted to take a screenshot of my driver settings but the screenshot in the app is just black and when I prt sc it just shows my desktop and nothing of the app? :thinking:

What kind of CPU do you have? Can you run in a window and look at your resource monitor and see if any of your CPU cores are being maxed out while running?

Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz

It showed while running app and game only using between 5-7% cpu power.

Ok, the next thing to look at is your power settings. Try setting it to “maximum performance” or whatever for both your CPU and GPU.