Speed up Gameboy Advance games (Pokemon)

Hey guys,

Probably a noob question but does anyone know how to set a key on the wired XBox360 controller to speed up the emulation of games on for instance the Gameboy Advance? I’ve been trying all sorts of stuff but can’t get it working. I would like to play pokemon roms and be able to make them run faster so the boring parts won’t take as long. I know it’s perfectly possible with just VBA installed on a normal Windows desktop pc (GUI version) but I can’t figure out how to do it in Lakka.

I have Lakka installed on a generic PC with decent hardware requirements and I’m using one wired XBox360 controller. I can reach the Lakka machine via SSH from my Windows 7 desktop PC to make changes in cfg-files.

I hope someone can help me with this. It would be awesome!

Jeroen

Under settings > input settings > input hotkey binds, the first option is fast-forward toggle (default binding is spacebar) set that to whatever button you like.

Thanks for the reply hunterk. I allready tried that and just tried it again on a fresh install of Lakka but it doesn’t seem to do anything. I set the L2 of my XBox360-controller for Fast forwarde toggle and the R2 of my controller for Fast forward hold. Then I tried both buttons while playing Pokemon (GBA) and while playing Mario (SNES) and it didn’t do anything on both systems.

Does it work in your Lakka build that way? Maybe it has something to do with a specific build (I’m using the latest build for Generic PC).

The fast forward works by just disabling vsync, i.e., it doesn’t do frameskipping or anything like that. So, if your machine barely gets full speed with a core, disabling vsync isn’t going to give you much of a speedup, unfortunately.

Likewise, if you have vsync forced on by a driver control panel or something (not likely in Lakka, but mentioning it just for reference), it’s not going to do anything either.

Thanks a lot man! By just installing the latest build Vsync was enabled, so that was the reason that Fast forwarding did nothing on my system. Spent allready an awfull lot of hours trying to figure it out but I’m so glad it’s working now. Thanks a lot!