Spy Hunter Rom crashes, need assist

Hi, I’m trying to run Spy Hunter for Mame 2003. I get as far as the loading screen showing you must legally own the game for it work, then once I do a 360 degree on the control pad it freezes a moment, then crashes. I am running iOS 6.1.6 on iPod touch 4th gen running retroarch 1.0.0.2. I believe the rom itself is from the 037.5b set, I’ve tried it on all the arcade cores (FBA, FBA 2012, MAME2000, MAME 2010) which results in either crashing or failed to load contact, but the only result in retroarch I’ve really had is in MAME2003 where it appears like it’s loading then doesn’t. It does seem to load in 2003 plus but slowly then freezes. This rom does however work with MAME4ALL standalone application. Is there anyone who understands whats going wrong with this rom? I know this is a unique game because it requires special controls for the navigation of the vehicle which was controlled via the gas pedal in the original arcade. Any assistance with this is surely appreciated cause I’m running out of possible solutions, thank you.