SquirrelJME, how does it work?!

Hello, I’m trying to run some Java games with SquirrelJME core, with no success.

I downloaded the squirreljme.sqc (from the developers page) and moved it to the /system folder, but every game I try to run will give me the same error.

Is there any tutorial explaining what should I do? It looks like this core is a little complicated and lacks documentation. :frowning:

Thanks a lot!

Can you post a verbose log of you trying and failing to load a game?

This is a screenshot of me trying to load any jar. I don’t think I can reproduce a log because I’m not rooted. :frowning:

I’ll try to load it up this evening and see if I can get anything to work.

In waiting for your response anxiously. :slight_smile:

Hmm, i tried 2 games with the same results. I’ll try to talk to the author and see if we’re doing something wrong.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

Just fyi, I have the squirreljme.sqc on the right place, and still doesn’t work. :frowning:

Hi! The bootloader doesn’t work yet, so you’ll have to wait.

2 Likes

I’ll wait, thanks a lot for the response! :slight_smile:

I’m on the same boat. Very curious about this core since freej2me core seems to be dead :frowning: EDIT: Well, freej2me is not technically dead, but it’s still barely functional anyway.

Meanwhile i ran J2ME games using FreeJ2ME

or you can try -> https://github.com/KMFDManic-Cores/freej2me/tree/master/etc/libretro/core

But i don’t recomend this last one because i not had read the Source Code yet.

It’s been a while. Does this core load anything yet?

Im curious about this core too, J2ME games formed a huge part of my childhood if it starts to work it’ll be a dream come true even though I’m playing those games using J2ME-loader I prefer using Retroarch since it’s better organized.

Years later and SquirrelJME still doesn’t work.

Any thoughts on making freej2me_libretro.so downloadable/installable from within the RetroArch GUI until Squirrel works, please?

I’m working from memory on this, but IIRC freej2me basically just loads the content through your system’s Java implementation, which is a) risky and b) not usable outside of the main desktop OSes, so it wouldn’t help with Android or consoles.

Oh I see. Well that’s unfortunate

Thanks for the reply

This is a problem, my switch cannot run the jar file .