Start RGUI

Ho guys, How do I start RGUI on Linux? Since last update, the front end drops the framerate as to something like 1pfs, making it completely unusable.

Thank you and sorry my bad english!

From the GUI, go to settings > drivers > menu driver and change it to rgui. Or, open your retroarch.cfg with a text editor and change this line: menu_driver = “xmb” to menu_driver = “rgui”

Try disable ribbon first (the PS3 fancy background), Settings tab --> Menu --> Menu Shader Pipeline = OFF

You can try also “Ribbon (simplified)” in the same option.

Thank you for tour answers. @sergio-br2: doing that is out of the question, since I can´t even navigate through the menus. @hunterk: I tried to edit /etc/retroarch.cfg file. I commented the line menu_driver = “xmb” (put a ‘#’ at the beginning of it) and wrote menu_driver = “rgui” on the next line. Problem still resides! When I start retroarch, it still uses the same sloooooooooooow frontend. Maybe there is more than one .cfg file? The comment is not “#”? Later I will go to ("/") and do a sudo find -nam retr*.cfg to check it…

@camurso_ : Which graphic card are you using ? Is it possible to get the ouput of glxinfo -B ?

@gouchi: it is a low specs graphic card. It is embebed on my asus eee pc. I don’t know if that is possible. If so, how? :slight_smile:

open a terminal and type

glxinfo -B

then

lspci -nn | grep VGA

To get information about your graphic card.

And which linux distribution are you using ?

xubuntu 16.04

Later I will do that and post here the results…

casa@casa-1015PEG:~$ glxinfo -B name of display: :0.0 display: :0 screen: 0 direct rendering: Yes Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer): Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center (0x8086) Device: Mesa DRI Intel® Pineview M x86/MMX/SSE2 (0xa011) Version: 11.2.0 Accelerated: yes Video memory: 384MB Unified memory: yes Preferred profile: compat (0x2) Max core profile version: 0.0 Max compat profile version: 1.4 Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1 Max GLES[23] profile version: 2.0 OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel® Pineview M x86/MMX/SSE2 OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 11.2.0

OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 2.0 Mesa 11.2.0 OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0.16

casa@casa-1015PEG:~$ lspci -nn |grep VGA 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Atom Processor D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:a011] casa@casa-1015PEG:~$

I found another retroarch.cfg file on ~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

Strange my find -name command did not found it when I typed it on “/”

Now, I got rgui working, but too bad my graphic card is a lousy one…

[QUOTE=camurso_;40180]I found another retroarch.cfg file on ~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

Strange my find -name command did not found it when I typed it on “/”

Now, I got rgui working, but too bad my graphic card is a lousy one…[/QUOTE]

Why the f* are you messing with /etc/retroarch.cfg ? RetroArch clearly will not save config there, because it’s on root, it’s a read only file. That config is only used in the first time you open retroarch (i.e. when there is not a ~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg file)

Because I didn’t know what file retroarch was using to sace configurations AND because, like I said, I did not find another .cfg file untill last Wednesday.