\states subfolders, naming convention?

With the option “sort savestates in folders” turned on, what is the naming convention for the per core subfolder that RetroArch automatically creates on first save?

For example savestates for “fbalpha_libretro.dll” get the subfolder name “FB Alpha”, the same as the variable “corename” in \info\fbalpha_libretro.info But savestates for “bsnes_accuracy_libretro.dll” get the subfolder name “bsnes” even though the variable “corename” in \info\bsnes_accuracy_libretro.info is “bsnes/higan Accuracy”.

Is there some other plaintext file that maps each core with its \states subfolder name?

Core input remaps should be the same.

I’d like the list of subfolder names for use in a script. But there is no consistent pattern in the naming? We can’t derive the subfolder name from the core filename and/or .info file?

I don’t follow. Is that info available in some plaintext files?

I mean: if you make a core input remap, it’ll create a folder with the name of the core that you need. But yes, as radius said, you can also get it by loading up a core and seeing what its name is in the bottom corner of the screen.

It’s the core’s internal name, which is in the core’s libretro.c/pp source file.