Steam Controller quick menu

Hello, I am trying to configure the steam controller for use with retroarch. Unfortunately, the “select” button (left arrow on steam controller) just opens the RA quick menu. Is there a way to disable the quick menu so that the select button just acts as a select button? I have already combed through the other entries in the help forum but could not find anything regarding this.

That just means it’s bound to the menu_toggle_btn. That’s probably included in the autoconfigure profile, but you could just open that file with a text editor and delete that line if you want.

1 Like

In the RA config menu, the steam controller shows as xinput so presumably you are referring to the files located in \retroarch\autoconfig\xinput, however, \retroarch\autoconfig\xinput\xinput_controller_user_1.cfg has the line removed and the issue still persists.

1 Like

I ended up finding the solution myself, with a little guidance from your prior note. In the file \retroarch\retroarch.cfg I changed the lines “input_menu_toggle” and “input_menu_toggle_btn” both to “nul”

1 Like

The original version only had four center buttons, and it lacked face buttons, but the final product offers more. Steam Controller’s gamepad has thirteen buttons, with six in the rear and seven front face buttons read more…