Steam-like achievements support

I think this could be a nice feature to have in RetroArch. Actually, http://retroachievements.org/ has implemented achievements for a few emulators, so this is possible for sure.

My guess is that cheat support would need to be required for most of the cores for this to work.

It’s a cool idea tho

I don’t really like the idea of achievements. I have never liked it on 360/PS3, never saw the point behind it, and it always took me out of the games I was trying to play.

They are cool to track progress in some games but yeah back then we needed no achievements.

I tried the emulators they support. The way it’s implemented on some emulators is quite cool, guess it would need to be supported per core.

I have to agree here. I never saw the point in achievements. If finishing a game doesn’t feel like an achievement in itself, there’s something wrong with the game.

Of course, I meant optional achievements. So that no one is forced to use them. I think this could help us to get even more from our favorite games.

Hello instead of implementing achievements, I would see more comfortable that the application remains permanent in our account. I know it can not be bought and it’s free; but those of us who make a donation could receive the code for steam could ?. More than that, they remove steam.

Why on Earth would you necro a six-year-old thread like this?

New users can’t post new threads.

Regarding the steam version of retroarch It would be neat if we could register Retro Achievements’ database of achievement entries with Steam and use Steam’s Achievement system as a backend.

Thing is, achievements are on a per-game basis which means Retroarch would probably have to register thousands of achievements, which is awkward.