Steam Link and N64

I’m streaming Retroarch to my TV using the Steam Link. It’s been working great with every system except for N64 (so far). When attempting to load a game, I get no picture. There’s audio, but that’s accompanied by only a black screen.

At first I thought it didn’t like being ran through Steam’s Big Picture Mode, but it had no problems when I loaded it through BPM directly from my PC, so something’s happening in the process of streaming.

Running RA though the Link seems to be pretty popular, but I’ve unfortunately not been able to find an answer in searches in spite of that. Has anyone else run into this issue?

It might not like libretro-gl cores for some reason. Can you try the PPSSPP core to see if it acts the same way?

I know this is a few months later, but thought I’d answer this - you can stream the mupen64 core by using the NVFBC capture method in Steam (under Settings > In-home Streaming > Advanced Host Options).

1 Like

Apologies for bumping this, but I’m having the exact problem described in the OP, and since I have an AMD GPU, the NVFBC method isn’t an option for me. Has anyone else managed to resolve this successfully?

I’m sorry for bumping this as well, but I’m having the OP problem and have tried enabling NVFBC capture with no luck. Any and all help would be appreciated

Just because you’ve enabled NVFBC doesn’t mean you’re actually getting it - turn on stats / debugging on the Steam Link to make sure the stream is actually NVFBC.