Strange artifact when using scanline.glsl shader on iPad 3

When I use the shader “scanline.glsl” on my iPad 3, it causes something really wacky to happen with the screen brightness, the screen gets alternately brighter and darker causing these dark vertical “bars” evenly spaced across the screen which vaguely resemble jail bars from an RF signal. I’ve never see anything like it and it’s really weird. Anybody have any clue what might be going on? I’d like to get this shader working right since it’s the only one that produces scan lines that doesn’t cause performance to suffer on iPad 3.

can you post a photo?

Not the greatest quality, but it shows the effect I’m talking about.

Ok, I think that’s the scanline shader, it’s just being applied in the wrong direction for some reason. I assume this because I’m not seeing the proper effect happening underneath it. Unfortunately, I don’t have any way to debug it :confused:

I would have thought an ipad3 could run some of the others, like caligari’s scanlines, ntsc-gauss-pass, etc.

[QUOTE=hunterk;21465]Ok, I think that’s the scanline shader, it’s just being applied in the wrong direction for some reason. I assume this because I’m not seeing the proper effect happening underneath it. Unfortunately, I don’t have any way to debug it :confused:

I would have thought an ipad3 could run some of the others, like caligari’s scanlines, ntsc-gauss-pass, etc.[/QUOTE]

The photo is just too blurry- the scanlines are actually there, and going in the right direction. Which means there’s something very weird going on.

Unfortunately I haven’t gotten any shaders that require more than 2x scale to work. It’s strange because it seems like the iPad is more than powerful enough.

Having the same issue in ios 8.4 with an iphone 6 here. Did anyone ever figure out how to fix this? It’s fine on my iPad though…

Bump, has anyone looked into this issue? Or know what might cause it??