Strange behavior on gamepad

Hi people, I’ve a “Shanwan usb wireless gamepad”, It’s a clone of PS3 joystick. I use It perfectly on Android version 4.2 TV Box, all buttons and directions works perfectly. I’ve other TV Box with Android version 5.1.1 that this gamepad has a strange behavior, the buttons CIRCLE, TRIANGLE, SQUARE, CROSS and START can’t work. The same version of Retroarch is installed on both Androids TV Box, but the gamepad don’t works correctly on Android 5.1.1. Anyone can help me?

I have a ipega 9028, and all buttons, plus the touchpad (that works like a mouse, with a cursor and stuff) works like a charm. You mention you have two android TV boxes, and the other only recognize directional, shoulder and trigger buttons, right? Is there a specific button combination to pair your gamepad in your TV box, or just press the turn on button and it’s ready to pair?

Can you check if your TV Box is giving priority as input in the input configurations?

aorin1, Yes I have 2 Android TV Box, 1 with Android 4.2 and other with Android 5.1.1. This is the Tv Box 5.1.1 http://www.tvboxnews.com/5-1-1-firmware-for-mxr-pro-tv-box-download/

When I use Retroarch on the 5.1.1, Retroarch only recognize directional, shoulder, rigger and Start buttons.

Where I Can check if the TV Box is giving priority for inputs?

First of, can you try mapping all buttons in RA first? You can also try copying your configs from the other TV box, the RA configs, from one to another, if the first TV box has all needed configs for your gamepad, it should work in the newer one as well.

[QUOTE=aorin1;50560]First of, can you try mapping all buttons in RA first? You can also try copying your configs from the other TV box, the RA configs, from one to another, if the first TV box has all needed configs for your gamepad, it should work in the newer one as well.[/QUOTE]

I already copied the retroarch.cfg file from the Android 4.2 to Android 5.1.1, but the buttons don’t fire.

• copy retroarch.cfg file from Android 4.2
  • paste and overwrite retroarch.cfg file on Android 5.1.1
  • execute Retroarch on the Android 5.1.1, “Settings”, “Input”, “Input User 1 Binds” and I confirm that the settings are the same of Android 4.2.
  • Load any game, like SNES or Arcade game that need six buttons, like Street Fighter 2, but the buttons don’t fire.

I attached my retroarch.cfg file.

Do all buttons work in the android theme? For example, with my current gamepad, I can browse through all icons, menus, with A (Which is X in the PSX controller), I can open/accept, B, back/exit, and so on, I can even use the mouse cursor with the touchpad, which is nice. Can you tell if these buttons just don’t work inside RA?

[QUOTE=aorin1;50571]Do all buttons work in the android theme? For example, with my current gamepad, I can browse through all icons, menus, with A (Which is X in the PSX controller), I can open/accept, B, back/exit, and so on, I can even use the mouse cursor with the touchpad, which is nice. Can you tell if these buttons just don’t work inside RA?[/QUOTE] Exactly. It works like a mouse out off RA. They Just don’t work inside RA.

OK, my next suggestion may not be much comfortable depending how far you have RA setup in your second TV box. If you can back it up with titanium backup first, try starting fresh, get rid of your current Retroarch setup, download the latest nightly, check if the controls work OK.

[QUOTE=aorin1;50575]OK, my next suggestion may not be much comfortable depending how far you have RA setup in your second TV box. If you can back it up with titanium backup first, try starting fresh, get rid of your current Retroarch setup, download the latest nightly, check if the controls work OK.[/QUOTE]

It is not a problemática for me. I’ll have to download RA again? It’s a New version?

Yeah, just unninstall Retroarch and try the latest nightly, open it up, see if retroarch auto configures your gamepad, or if you can manually bind all keys.

Try deleting all files that Retroarch creates in your device, start fresh.

[QUOTE=aorin1;50581]Yeah, just unninstall Retroarch and try the latest nightly, open it up, see if retroarch auto configures your gamepad, or if you can manually bind all keys.

Try deleting all files that Retroarch creates in your device, start fresh.[/QUOTE]

I did, but RA couldn’t autoconfigure the gamepad and It continues ignoring the 4 buttons and Start. Manually bind too. Other point, I saw on “data\data\com.retroarch\autoconfig” subfolders, but I didn’t find a specific .cfg for “Shanwan usb wireless gamepad”, then, where I can find It? I found on other Android articles, people that create a .kl file on “system/usr/keylayout”, do you know anything about It? I used “key test” app, and It ignores the same buttons too (circle, square, triangle, cross and Start) I think that is a Android 5.1.1 issue here, not RA issue.

aorin1,

SOLVED. I was able to configure my gamepad. I created a custom .kl file on the “system/usr/keylayout” path, rebooted the SO and the RA recognized all the buttons. Thanks for the support and your patience.

I’m glad you got it all sorted, and that I could help you. I wasn’t at home and haven’t even read your last post about the profile mappings, anyway, we both learned something new from this.