Strange Problem in Retroarch

I see. By chance, would compiling retroarch fix the problem at all? Or is it just the cores?

I think in this case it’s just the cores.

If you can get to where you can compile random *nix programs, you should be able to compile the cores, too. Most have very few dependencies and are just ‘make’.

1 Like

Based on my knowledge base here, I think I’m waiting for core libs to get compiled for lower MacOs versions. Unless there is some other work around.

Indeed compiling the cores seems to require a bit of time, specially if you are not familiar with retroarch source and project ( like myself ) .

I thought about looking for older versions, but the oldest version in buildbot is 1.9.0 from 2020 and will probably already use newer OSx libs.

I Guess I will try the compilation route as soon as I have some free time.

I found that reinstalling older versions of Retroarch actually acts as a type workaround to this problem. I can get everything to work again. However, I am confused as to why because, if the cores are the problem, why would an older version of RA make a difference? When we go to download cores for RA via the online updater, aren’t we grabbing latest versions that would be compiled for newer operating systems regardless of whatever version of RA we are running?