Strange problem Vulkan/ Parallel

The video driver shows that it is set to Vulkan at any time when i look at the setting. However, Parallel isn’t working, only Mupen. I thought Mupen was only OGL. Also, I can’t get into the menu from Mupen, just crashes. Before, I was able to use Parallel and Rush 2049’s audio was fixed. In Mupen, it’s broken. It’s like it’s not using the Vulkan driver even though it shows that it’s selected. Any help would be grerat!

If the mupen plugin is set to Parallel as the gfx plugin it might still work but would lack the async compute functions. I have yet to try that,and both Angrylion and ParaLLEl refuse to boot past the black screen for me on Android with a Shield TV Pro.

I can’t explain how it works if any other plugin is selected,but that is pretty cool if you don’t have to change modes. Checking to see if the shader enhancements work would prove if you are using Vulkan by running a nes,snes,or genesis game and selecting the xbr hlsl,setting it to nearest and 5x then hitting apply. If the game still looks pixely then that proves you are indeed running on Vulkan as those shaders don’t work,needing slang-based versions in order to function correctly.

So do you need to be using Vulkan to use ParaLLEl?

yes, paraLLEl uses async compute shaders, which are vulkan-only.

So, do I understand this right… to use some cores I have to switch the video driver to GL, then to use other cores such as ParaLLEl I need to switch to Vulkan?

[QUOTE=rclong;44767] Also, I can’t get into the menu from Mupen, just crashes.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the other stuff but I think this can be fixed by setting the mupen menu driver to rgui. Someone recently pointed me to that fix.

I did have to delete my config but that’s just probably my dodgy setup! :slight_smile:

I also have a Shield TV Pro and I use everything (except for mupen and ppsspp, obviously) through vulkan with no problems.

I setup parallel for vulkan driver on shield tv pro. All ok. Did have a problem with it crashing at first but can’t for the life of me remember why now sorry

Well poop, I wonder why it doesn’t work for me. Is ParaLLEl that much better than Mupen?

Rush 2049 has a sound glitch in Mupen that was Fixed in Parallel (unless it’s a setting or something). I can’t even get this game to work in another emulator(Tendo64)… I can’t get Parallel to work, so if it would be a setting in Mupen, I wonder which it is.

Hey hunterk,vulkan full support need android 7? And android 6 full support vulkan is only for nvidia shield series?

I’m not sure, actually. I think it’s just a matter of driver support rather than a limitation from the operating system but I don’t really know /shrug

Oh,Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I’m having issues with Parallell on my Shield TV too - Vulkan appears to run fine in most emulator cores (aside from stutter in some which I’m sure I’ve seen listed as a known issue elsewhere), though when loading Parallel I either get a hard crash - ‘Retroarch seemed to have stopped’, or if done on a totally clean install with wiped config file, a black screen.

Are there any settings that need to be altered or indeed left in tact to get Parallel to play?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Your experience is normal for ParaLLEl on the Shield. We’re not sure whether it’s something on our end of Nvidia’s but we’ll explore it more as the core matures.