Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper on Flycast [Solved]

When trying to load the game using Flycast I get “ERROR 01 THIS GAME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY MAIN BOARD.” This happens for both the MAME zip version and the older lst/bin version.

I understand this error happens because the game only works with a Japanese NAOMI BIOS and I used to be able to play the game on older versions of Flycast and Reicast using a Japanese BIOS which I renamed to naomi_boot.bin in the dc folder.

However the latest version of Flycast no longer recognises the naomi_boot.bin file and have no choice but to use the MAME NAOMI BIOS zip. I’ve tried setting the region to Japan in the Core options as well as removing all the non Japanese BIOSes in the MAME NAOMI zip but both changes lead to the same ERROR 01 message.

Is there any way to play this game anymore using Flycast?

EDIT: Seems like I was just missing the accompanying CHD files of the NAOMI GD-ROM files.

I can’t reproduce your issue, in the first place there is no need to set region to japan if you are using the mame roms, because flycast will force japan region in your stead.

Make sure you have the latest and uncrippled naomi.zip from MAME in your dc folder.

Afaik that’s wrong, it’ll fallback to naomi_boot.bin if it doesn’t find the proper bios files.

NB : especially, epr-21576h.ic27 is the required japan bios in naomi.zip