Stretch Video to 1920x1080 16:9 possible?

I 'm using the latest version of retroarch 1.3.2 ,and im having an issue with the video mode.

Is it possible to have a full screen 1920x1080 image ? I have mange to get the resolution to fit ,but when i run mendefenx or genesis x i can only to get them to display with black bars on the right and left…

is there away to remove the black bars from retro arch ?

Yup. You can set whatever aspect ratio you want in the cfg file. Change video_aspect_ratio = “-1.000000” (-1 means 1:1 PAR) to whatever value you want. 16:9 would be 1.777778 (found by dividing 16 by 9). After that, set aspect ratio index to “Custom” in the menu.

That being said, I don’t know any Genesis games that are meant for 16:9.

[QUOTE=Lex;37283]Yup. You can set whatever aspect ratio you want in the cfg file. Change video_aspect_ratio = “-1.000000” (-1 means 1:1 PAR) to whatever value you want. 16:9 would be 1.777778 (found by dividing 16 by 9). After that, set aspect ratio index to “Custom” in the menu.

That being said, I don’t know any Genesis games that are meant for 16:9.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t it just be easier to go to “Video” in settings on the GUI and change Aspect Ratio by moving left/right to 16:9? Seems silly to go into the cfg file if the setting is already in the menu.

I was teaching him the more powerful approach which lets him set whatever aspect ratio he wants. Also, I was assuming he must have checked that obvious option in the menu and not found 16:9 for whatever reason.

Ah, that makes sense.

I just assume the most simple solution is usually the most effective answer. 1080p being 16:9.

Still, that’s good to know if you need a custom resolution.

Lex is correct and there is no option to set it in the gui

Perhaps we are thinking of different things?

Currently I go to video settings and change “Aspect Ratio” from 16:9 to 4:3 depending on which TV my system is plugged into.

Or maybe we are using different GUIs, I’m using XMB. I’ll take a picture when I get home in a couple hours to show you what I mean.

well im not sure whatever gui came with 1.3.2 windows retroarch …the aspect ratio changed but how do i get rid of the black bars???

Try disabling integer scaling.

[QUOTE=shadowfire36;37307]well im not sure whatever gui came with 1.3.2 windows retroarch …the aspect ratio changed but how do i get rid of the black bars??? [/QUOTE]

You can actually switch between a couple different GUIs, XMB is a red background with a menu setup reminiscent of PS3.

But anyway, what Lex said, Integer Scaling = Off should fix that issue.

ty sir that did it