Stuck in kiosk mode by default - no user friendly options

I have win8 x86 running on a laptop with a 1024x600 screen (retroarch 1.7.2) and the xmb menu does not have any advanced menu options at all. It makes it impossible to configure my controllers without poking in the dark with the retroarch.cfg file. It wouldn’t be so bad if I could find helpful web pages/youtube videos that deal with only the retroarch.cfg file but they only use the advanced menu in those tutorial.I have been poking in the dark for a few days now. I tried to disable the kiosk mode, even tried setting a password for it, nothing. I have the .cfg file setup to show advanced menu and all the individual options as well.

If my ps3 and wingman rumble controllers worked by default, I might not need the advanced menu.

hiding advanced options is different from kiosk mode, which hides all settings. To show advanced options, go to settings > user interface > show advanced settings ON.

Thats just it, the only way I can change any settings at all is through the retroarch.cfg file. My retroarch menu only has: load core, load content, online updater, information, configurations and quit retroarch (no settings).

I have been locked into kiosk mode by default. Tried to get out of kiosk mode with the .cfg file, but no luck.

If you move your retroarch.cfg to another location and let it create a fresh one, does that start you out in kiosk mode, as well?

EDIT: wait, have you tried pushing left/right to go to other tabs? Which menu are you using? the blue default (xmb)?

1 Like

Ahhh, now I see the other options. There were no other icons on the screen to indicate that I could go left and right. When I tried the lakka ui in the .cfg file, it just wouldn’t start up at all.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like