Stumped, looking for help

I’ve got a clean install of Ubuntu on my laptop. I’ve got Libretro downloaded and installed. If I run Retroarch and load core and content through the menu, it works like a champ. However, when I try to run it from the command line I keep getting errors.

The command line I am using is: retroarch -v -L /usr/lib/libretro/fceumm_libretro.so “/home/jack/media/nes/roms/720 (U) [!].nes”

If I try to use a zip file I get this… RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to extract content from zipped file: /home/jack/media/nes/roms/720 (U) [!].zip.

If I use an unzipped rom I get this… RetroArch [libretro WARN] :: :: Error opening “/home/jack/media/nes/roms/720 (U) [!].nes”!RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load content.

I’ve Googled the hell out of this and come up empty. Anybody?

The above command works for me. Check the path and rom name carefully.

Perhaps it isn’t interpreting the white space and non-alphanumeric characters correctly? Copy your ROM to /tmp and rename it “720.nes”, then run:

retroarch -v -L /usr/lib/libretro/fceumm_libretro.so /tmp/720.nes

If this works, it’s the double quotes that are messing things up in which case the following might work:

retroarch -v -L /usr/lib/libretro/fceumm_libretro.so /home/jack/media/nes/roms/720\ (U)\ [!].nes

Hope this helps.