Suggested cores feature without -L selecting current core sucks

This feature:

“Loading content has been massively streamlined. There is no longer a separate ‘Load Content’ and ‘Load Content (Detect Core)’ option. You simply select a starting point directory, you then select your game and you decide which core to use.”

From the perspective of layman trying to use RetroArch, this feature accomplishes the exact opposite of what it sets out to do.

You’re making loading a ROM require more knowledge about which core is best given that currently the -L command line doesn’t load the core in the GUI as the currently selected core. Before I could setup shortcuts for my friends that would load the best core for a ROM set so they wouldn’t need to know anything about which core was better for which system. Hopefully, you fix -L to work properly again, but even then all you’ve done is add an extra step to load a ROM where users get to pick from a smaller list of cores but still aren’t going to know which one is best unless they have some advanced knowledge about the emulation cores, in which case they wouldn’t need this feature to begin with! So, it’s basically useless and adds an extra step to load ROMs. Just thought you should know.

The currently loaded core always appears first on the list of suggested options.

No, doesn’t:

Works as expected for me in linux 64-bit.

I’ll test 1.41 when I get a chance, but since I find this new “feature” to be extremely annoying I’m not in a rush. I really do not see how this helps anyone.

Okay, I’ve confirmed the bug is still present in RetroArch v1.4.1 Windows x86_64 released on February 2nd.

By the way, if there’s a way to disable the Suggested Cores pane altogether in the config file I’d love to know how to do that.