Suggestion: Dolphin + Retroarch?

Is there any possibility of having the developers of Dolphin add their work on Gamecube and Wii emulation as cores to Retroarch?

It would be totally amazing if that happened.

And don’t worry, I appreciate that it would be a technical challenge. But doable… right?

Sure, it’s possible to do. However, Dolphin has a weird thing where it needs to own the OGL context, which is going to take some major hacking to deal with. Twinaphex plans to work on it some in the coming months. Unfortunately, the Dolphin crew isn’t likely to help with the work, as some of their devs have had friction with us in the past, and their hangers-on like to shitstir about RetroArch/libretro.

Cheers Hunter, really appreciate the response.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Heard something in the SimpleAustin channel that Dolphin is now on Retroarch. Proceds?

It’s still super-early/exploratory and there are major hurdles that need to be figured out before it’s even worth testing, much less using on a daily basis.

1 Like

Thanks @hunterk, I didn’t understand when I’ve received the video notification, since I’m always navigating the forum… Seeya!

Dolphin RetroArch Core is still very early. Feel free to compile yourself and test it out, but don’t expect everything to work well. If you’re looking to help out, feel free to hop on IRC.

In the mean time, I’ve put together libretro-dolphin-launcher to execute the external Dolphin application from the menu. It could use some love, so feel free to get involved in the queue. Thanks!

1 Like

Any chance someone could post a link to a quick tutorial on compiling in windows?

Would love to compile this and just play around.