Super Mario All-Stars Not Saving

Hey everyone. Curious if anybody can help me with a newer issue related to the SNES game Super Mario All-Stars.

I’ve been running into a really obnoxious issue with every SNES core I’ve tried (SNES9X, SNES9X Next, bsnes, bsnes-mecurary) where for some bizarre reason my progress in Super Mario All-Stars isn’t saving properly.

If I choose “Save & Quit”, and go back to the game menu, my progress for that save file will be remembered. However, if I boot into Retroarch’s Menu and choose to close the content, then go back, it completely forgets the progress I’ve made. Because of this, I’m stuck with “NEW” save files for all four games.

Any ideas what the issue could be? Might have I turned off SRAM saving by accident or is there something I’m missing?

Saving fine for me. Most likely you don’t have a save location set and it might be saving to the default location (content dir). On android a lot of time that location may not be writable (external sd cards on kitkat for instance). Or you may not be closing the game cleanly. So exit cleanly (using quit retroarch) and make sure you set a directory if your sd card is not writable by apps.