Superscope with Playstation Classic

I want to play a few Superscope games such as Battle Clash and Metal Combat on my Playstation Classic. Retroarch 1.9.0. I get a mouse icon in Retroarch at bootup with my 8BITDO adapter but can’t control it with a Dualshock 4’s analog sticks (unlike DOS cores) nor touchpad in any of the 8BITDO modes (which would identify the pad as Sony Wireless, XBox 360, etc). Do I need a USB mouse? Does Retroarch support them on Playstation Classic? I see there’s a ‘Mouse Index’ setting in Input but I wonder if that’s for the PC port. I tried all the SNES9x Cores with Player 2’s input set to Superscope. If anyone’s had any luck, can you share your setup? Thanks.

So I got a USB mouse. RetroArch won’t boot with it present. Plug it in after and it moves the mouse arrow around in RetroArch. But its mere presence seems to make the flash drive unreadable “No entries found” on /media (hence why it won’t boot when present?), Playlists not found as you navigate menu, etc. Still, I was able to get mouse clicks to register as Superscope firing, but the crosshair won’t move with the mouse in Battle Clash, which will only run on the SNES9X 2018 core as it is. Has anyone else made further progress?

1 Like