Support for the 8BITDO SNES GAMEPAD

I have one of these wireless snes pads…

Retroarch seems to detect it as a Wireless Control, if i got into…

Input>Input User 1 Binds>User 1 Bind All

and set the key config after the config has finished yellow text appears at the bottom of the screen saying…

Wireless Controller (10256/9) not configured

After that i cannot get any of the pad inputs to work or even the keyboard to work. Any ideas whats happening?

Yeah I have the latest FW on the pad (I do have the super famicom version of the pad though if that makes any difference) and use wireless mode and have also tried wired mode, in wired mode RA recognises the pad as the FC30 nes pad however but even then I still get issues. If after setting the config binds for the pad if I disconnect the pad it seems to say on that pad and dose not change back to the keyboard like it would if I unplugged my Xbox pad, it should unselect the wireless pad when you turn it off shouldn’t it??..maybe that why I can’t use the keyboard after I have set the key binds for the pad??

Hmmm for some reason when i get to config the d-pad of the 8BITDO pad it seems to register the d-pad as ‘keypad 2, keypad 4, keypad 8, keypad 8’ so basically the arrow keys of the numberpad on the keyboard. Any ideas why this is happening?

Also when i start a core (such as Bsnes) the buttons ive set for the pad are all messed up, i have to go back into the Key binds menu and set them again, but then the ‘enter’ and ‘back’ keys for the RGUI menu stop working after i have done so. Something is definitly wrong