Supported Game List for PS1 Controllers

Hello!

Tonight we have a few people over to play some PS1 classics. Several of the games have needed to have the controller set to the normal PS1 controller instead of duelshock. I was curious if there’s a list of all PS1 games and their supported controller.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Here you go:

Contrary to what most people think, 99% ofd the PSX games don’t support analogs and are made to be played with the original controller. And I think on that list, only Ape Escape is the only game which requires a DualShock (can’t be played with the original controller). All other games on the list are optional.

My recommendation: Setup your controller on the core to use the standard controller by default, and then make some core overrides for specific games where you want to use a dualshock controller, like wiipeout 3 special edition, Ape Escape, or Gran Turismo.

Greetings.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I had a PS1 when it was out originally and I actually forgot how few games supported the duelshock. I may actually just use the regular controller for all of the games, minus Ape Escape.

Thank you for the list anyhow.

A few other notable games with analog support: Crash 2 and 3, CTR, Mega Man Legends 2, MGS, Omega Boost, Silent Bomber and Spyro 1-3.

1 Like