Swapping controllers

Hey guys. First post. Have installed retro arch on my computer and I’m just trying to figure how map different controllers for different systems. I have the snes and the n64 may flash adapters. Can I make it so that when I start up an n64 game in retro arch I can plug in my n64 controller and it’s pre mapped. And then plug in the snes controller when I start up a snes game and not have to remap it? Thanks

I think you’ll need to set configuration per-core in settings->configuration. Then you pick what controller 1 and 2 are for each core.

Unfortunately, I think that will mean that retroarch itself becomes more annoying to use as loading different cores will mean changing which controller has control.

No you don’t, you need to create an autoconf profile for each pad, then reset bindings to defaults. Now when you plug your controller it will autoload the profile.

I also have problems swapping controllers. I am using autoconfig files for 8bitdo’s nes30 controller and a typical xinput xbox-style controller. When I connect the nes30 controller via bluetooth, everything works fine but when I turn the controller off, retroarch still thinks the controller is connected. When I then connect my xbox style controller, this is then seen by retroarch as a second, and not the primary, controller because retroarch thinks the nes30 controller is still connected. The only way to use the xbox controller as a main controller after using the nes30 controller is to restart my computer. Any ideas on how to solve this?

That is because Windows doesn’t remove the NES30 when it turns off. If you check the device manager it will still show up. I guess it’s a firmware problem in the controller.

Yeah, that was what I was afraid of. Then I guess I’ll go ask the manufacturer :stuck_out_tongue: