Swapping disks (Ps1 Emulation) problem. Help Please

A few nights ago I was playing through D which is a three disk game. I finished the first disk and attempted to swap to disk 2. And it just restarted the emulation which meant it didn’t allow me to pick up where I left off. It just told me to insert disk 1. So I’m looking for how to swap disks…anyone able to help?

I think the easiest way is to make an m3u playlist, which is just a text file with the 3 cue sheets listed, one per line. Load that instead of the cue sheet to launch the game and you should be able to cycle through the discs easier.

Do you know of a tutorial on this anywhere? I’m not only curious as to how to do it but how it works

look here, just below the cue sheet example: https://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX#Usage

There’s also another way, with PSX2PSP, you can merge multi disc games inside one PBP file, it’s a compressed iso that works for PSP and now most PS1 emulators, including the ones Retroarch has i.e, Mednafen PSX or PCSX-Reloaded, they support multi disc games inside a PBP, in short, when you load a game, let’s take Driver 2 for instance and reach the point where you have to switch to disc 2, you can simply open the virtual lid assigning a key for that or inside Retroarch’s disc options, switch to disc 2 (it will number all discs you have inside that PBP), close the lid and them back to the game, you won’t have to create m3u files and can also save space.

2 Likes