So, what you are facing here is a limitation the range of the NTSC range. If however, NTSC monitor profile works best for you. Use it as the basses of a custom range and adjust the horizontal porch range to better fit your TV.
NTSC Range :-
crt_range0 15734.26-15734.26, 59.94-59.94, 1.500, 4.700, 4.700, 0.191, 0.191, 0.953, 0, 0, 192, 240, 448, 480
Range info :-
crt_range 0-9 HfreqMin-HfreqMax, VfreqMin-VfreqMax, HFrontPorch, HSyncPulse, HBackPorch, VfrontPorch, VSyncPulse, VBackPorch, HSyncPol, VSyncPol, ProgressiveLinesMin, ProgressiveLinesMax, InterlacedLinesMin, InterlacedLinesMax
Range Value Description
- HfreqMin - Minimum Horizontal Frequency in Hz
- HfreqMax - Maximum Horizontal Frequency in Hz
- VfreqMin - Minimum Vertical Frequency in Hz
- VfreqMax - Maximum Vertical Frequency in Hz
- HFrontPorch - Horizontal Front Porch in μs
- HSyncPulse - Horizontal Sync Pulse in μs
- HBackPorch - Horizontal Back Porch in μs
- VfrontPorch - Vertical Front Porch in μs
- VSyncPulse - Vertical Sync Pulse in μs
- BackPorch - Vertical Back Porch in μs
- HSyncPol - Horizontal Sync Polarity
- VSyncPol - Vertical Sync Polarity
- ProgressiveLinesMin - Minimum Number of Progressive Lines
- ProgressiveLinesMax - Maximum Number of Progressive Lines
- InterlacedLinesMin - Minimum Number of Interlaced Lines
- InterlacedLinesMax - Maximum Number of Interlaced Lines
For example use thy the following. The larger the value the bigger the porch will be (shrinking the horizonal scratch of the image)
crt_range0 15734.26-15734.26, 59.94-59.94, 1.800, 4.700, 6.4, 0.191, 0.191, 0.953, 0, 0, 192, 240, 448, 480
Just remember to change you monitor profile to custom and change crt_range0 from auto to the above. Your ini should look similar to below.
crt_range0 15734.26-15734.26, 59.94-59.94, 1.800, 4.700,6.4, 0.191, 0.191, 0.953, 0, 0, 192, 240, 448, 480
I hope this helps.
what you will also notice is there is no range in the horizontal 15khz range (15734.26-15734.26) You might want to have a look a a few ranges and possible play with this a little as well. Only if you really need to. Take a look here
If you are using Windows you can use Arcade OSD to adjust the porch vales to se how it looks and copy these to the range!