Thank you Libretro!

Thanks for all the great work.

Thanks all the contributors of this great software. Been using all kinds of emulators since decades, but the discovery of RA some years ago was a game changer. Everything centralized (controls, shaders and so on…) ! Cannot leave it now ! :grin:

1 Like

You guys are great! I modded my nes classic to play the included games using retroarch. I am just amazed at the options and improvements compared to the official emulator that came with it. thanks so much!!

3 Likes

I just can’t wait to have RA on my PS5 after a decent jailbreak for it xD

2 Likes

Thank you everyone involved in developing RetroArch. And thank you for the community that I can be part of and supporting each other. RetroArch transformed how I utilize videogame emulation. Before I learned about it through RetroPie a few years back, one of my biggest complains was all the different emulators and setups that are so vastly different. A unification with my own efforts through custom scripts was only partially possible, without spending too much time on it. In short, RetroArch is basically what I was always hoping for and even more! And it is available for so many platforms, including so many systems, including so many configurations and unification of settings!

I could talk all day long here, but then, it would become a documentation. lol

5 Likes

Retroarch is …for me at least the best thing that happens for emulation in the last few years , and it allways getting better , with things like frame ahead function , etc.

We can play nowadays games with “for me” non notable input timing compared to the original systems …every official emulation on playstation and such is way behind in this case.

than you have the folks that do shaders and more and they do it all on its own , and so far i noticed the do it with some huge amount of love to the whole thing and Retrogaming in general .

And on top you can get it for free , if i had some money to spare they sure would get some ,i can´t imagine how many hours of work was put in to this by now mostly unpaid on a free base i guess , But i can pull my hat , say thank your for now years of fun with Retroarch , and bake them an invader shaped cake someday

6 Likes

Thank you, I’m using Retroarch on xbox and I’m having a blast from my childhood past :blush:

3 Likes

Thank’s Libretro, it’s a great job, and RetroArch has become my first tool for emulation for years.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Libretro!

3 Likes

Hard to believe this thread was created in 2016.

The latest RA version brings a few new features that are really interesting. It’s now possible to append/prepend shaders and this is something that I was personally missing for the ambient glow shader I’ve been using for quite some time now.

It’s possible for the day-to-day user to absolutely customize many aspects to their liking inside the frontend and with immediate results. Adding sgenpt-mix or mdapt to ambient glow was really easy to do and I don’t have to bother asking shader devs to make one, but this is just scratching the surface.

I haven’t read any thread specifically about the new Run Preemptive Frames feature, as far as I can tell it only appeared on Libretro’s main page and it seems to work better than Runahead in many aspects. Since Retroarch introduced many new features that are now evolved and used as the standard on comparisons such as shaders, bezels, dozens of individual core tweaks, retroarchievements and much more, I wonder what you guys are aiming for the future.

7 Likes

You guys are legends

4 Likes

I have this old phone (circa 2013) which is actually quite capable, it can run up to PSP full speed at 2X IR (depending on the title) but I mostly focus on arcade, 16-bit and PS1 games. I even tested DOSBox Pure and it does a valiant effort, Duke Nukem 3D runs surprisingly well, albeit not as smooth on the PC, it’s totally playable.

Depending on the core it can use Preemptive Frames between 1 to 3 or more without eating frames/crackling sound. And while Saturn is a no-go, it probably can be somewhat compared to a Raspberry, but remember this is an old phone that can be used as a GPS, music player, eBook player, whatever else, so that’s a plus. It can also natively output to HDMI at 720p using a simple MHL (USB adapter) and with a PS4 or any bluetooth controller, it’s a neat little device.

After tinkering with what I can do with it and making this simple collection, when I reached Amiga things complicated, the games were not running well and I tried UAE4arm from the Store and it resembles it’s PC counterpart, down to its interface and convoluted setup. Since I just wanted to play a few Amiga games and the tutorials for UAE4arm felt like a chore I didn’t think it was worth the effort I came back to RA and tried PUAE 2021 this time and messed a bit with its Core Options, to my surprise most of the games I tried were running smoothly now and it came to me how much easier Retroarch makes these systems to play.

I understand the appeal of setting up DOS Box or Amiga systems for enthusiasts and for nostalgic purposes, but when it comes to just choose a single file game, be it zipped or lha (amiga) like a console does, there’s no contest, this is not counting the many benefits the frontend offers we are familiarized now, and it’s always nice to have all those saves and configs enclosed in one centralized application, too.

With all that, it’s certainly not the best option for these less processing capable devices when it comes to many systems, PSP, Saturn, NDS and others really require a beefier hardware, specially comparing their Retroarch core counterparts, but otherwise, I’m glad it exists.

While using the PC you can obviously go way beyond the above, this old phone is the only other device I wanted to make available as an option. It just won’t run Crysis.

2 Likes

I just wanted to say thanks for making my emulation dreams into a reality! Retroarch is incredible! i love RETROARCH :brown_heart: :brown_heart: :brown_heart: :brown_heart:

2 Likes

I haven’t posted in this thread in a bit… but I saw this on the homepage for the last update:

• INPUT/REMAP: Remap label fix when no autoconf profile active
  • INPUT/REMAP: Add ‘Save As’ option for remaps and overrides
  • INPUT/REMAPPING: Stop always reseting to defaults on remap delete

I get pretty crazy with my remaps (Anyone who’s seen my posts over the years about controllers probably isn’t surprised) and I cannot tell you how much of a godsend that is. I would spend so much time remapping, and re-re-remapping the controls. God I don’t know how many times I had to delete the existing remap so that I could save a new remap, but I had to remap because deleting would reset the whole thing.

It’s sometimes the smallest updates that have the biggest impact. So thank you for updating this.

5 Likes

Thanks, and you are welcome!

2 Likes

admin please add Symbian core for the latest retroarch :slight_smile:

hello is welcome you are not in the right section to make a request Core and Feature Requests

1 Like
1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: How can i create a new topic? :confused:

Hello, I’m new here, and I can’t find a way to create a topic about my problem. I have an OrangePI 4 LTS and I didn’t find any official Lakka distro for orangepi4lts. It only has the name of the plate but not the image for download. I tried to use the NanoPi M4 image which has the same architecture and same electronic components, and eth0, wifi and bluetooth don’t work. If anyone can help me create a related topic and let me know I would appreciate it!