Thanks for help i made tests Z5 vs X performance vs lg g4

I play a lot of retroarch nes and snes emulators and some others too.

I have several cell phones, but the probkem is that only my xperia Z5 (snapdragon810) that can play nes and snes emus perfectly smooth at 100% very little crackling sound. I even pkay with thread video disable and it work flawessly

BUT witn my xperia x performance(snapdragon 820) or my lg g4, all retroarch emus Stutters badly and got slowdown and crackling sound a lot with Thread video disabled. With thread video enable, sound is ok, the game play smooth, stutters every one second exaclty. Retroarch is completely unplayable with theses two phones.

How can a Snapdragon 820 phone cant play retroarch fast enough, but a snapdragon 810 can do it. Even my nexus 5 play retroarch perfectly smooth .

Please help me i tried to find a solution FOR SEVERAL hours without any result. Thanks so much guys!

Could be aggressive power management. Emulation often only takes a fraction of a second to complete a frame and then the process sleeps until the next frame needs to be drawn, and some OSes/CPUs can see this as being idle, so they drop the clock speed and/or shunt the process over to the weaker cores (in the case of the +1 CPUs). You could try running something in the background to see if that keeps it clocked up.

Some devices will also kill performance if they don’t detect any touch events, so if you’re using an external gamepad, this can cause performance to tank for no apparent reason.