The 1m sub-circuit board is not installed

Hello there, I’m having some issues with the Android (Play Store) version of Retroarch, both with VBA Next core and VBA-M.

When I start a Pokemon Rom (USA modded Fire Red) it gives me an error that sounds like “The 1m sub-circuit board is not installed”. I’ve had this problem before and I had to change save game type to Flash 128M to solve it, but in retroarch I can’t find a way to force this kind of save, so it keeps giving me the error and preventing from saving. The ROM is working, 'cause I tried it with another emulator with the above workaround and played flawlessly. Is there any known solution to the issue? Also, with the Eu ROM I usually play I’m not getting any issue, if that could be of any use.

Thanks in advance for help

Paraffine

1 Like

Hi, you could use a tool called ‘ROM Header Editor Advance’ to change the ID of your modded Rom to a stock one. Since the vba-over.ini is baked into libretro, it will load the required flashsize for savegames automatically depending on the id. See here for reference:

So that’s how it works. Just mentioning “Dragon Ball Z - Taiketsu (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)” is telling “unsupported hardware” when entering the game after the menu with VBA-M. Guess the line should be changed for this one (but is it worth playing? :stuck_out_tongue: ).

[QUOTE=nutbro;23930]Hi, you could use a tool called ‘ROM Header Editor Advance’ to change the ID of your modded Rom to a stock one. Since the vba-over.ini is baked into libretro, it will load the required flashsize for savegames automatically depending on the id. See here for reference: https://github.com/libretro/vbam-libretro/blob/master/src/vba-over.ini[/QUOTE]

That worked like a charm! Thank you very much! :smiley:

You don’t have to go through all that! I managed to fix mine through this method:

First, try and locate your .sav files. They’re usually inside the MyBoy folder in your internal memory.

Next, move the .sav files of the desired game into the folder of the patched game.

Now, start the game, you should be able to save the game now and said message will not appear.

@Paraffine @nutbro wow. big thanks. your problem from 5-6 years ago helped someone in 2020. i love the fucking internet

1 Like

Wow, a blast from the past! Thanks for sharing :smiley:

@Paraffine and @nutbro, I feel like a real dumbo… I cant figure out how to fix my rom of Ultra Violet… I’ve tried to use the “ROM Header Editor Advance” tool, but I think I’m doing something wrong :stuck_out_tongue: I still get the “The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed.” error!