The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Today, retroarch started randomly doing this. I can’t start it at all even after updating. I’ve been using Visual Studio 2013 and I’ve heard that it could be to blame for these errors at times. However this isn’t happening with any other application. I’ve looked it up and tried a few fixed but no cigar.

EDIT: I solved it. It weirded me out because it just happened without reason. In case someone else has this problem. Uninstall Microsoft VC++ Redist 2013 and reinstall it. Also, make sure to download the redist package.

https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/redist-x86_64.7z

I know that to most of you here, it may seem like second nature, but these errors can really throw some users off, especially when they happen at complete random when it day before it was working fine.

I’m having the same error message problem trying to run RetroArch 1.2.2 on my new Windows 10 64 bit system. I’ve tried reinstalling the VC Redist and downloading the redist package but it still displays the same message and won’t start at all.

My PC is brand new, Core i7 3.1 GHz Intel NUC with 16GB RAM, Iris Graphics and clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Can anyone advise on how I can resolve this issue. Thanks

Izak86: can you try the 32-bit build? That error is usually related to bit-ness. I know you’re using 64-bit but it’s worth a shot.

I had also the same issue. Finally this guide solved everything.