The core updater, it does nothing

SHIELD Portable, running 5.1. When hitting core updater, the title along the top changes from “Online Updater” to “Core Updater” but otherwise nothing else happens. What’s more is once this happens I can’t back out of the online updater menu at all, I have to kill the app to get back. I’ve tried everything from clearing data to reinstalling the app; nothing helps. I’ve verified I do have an active Internet connection on the device.

Push.

Same Issue here @OnePlus One with CyanogenMOD 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) newest Build from 17 August 2015. I tried Retroarch both stable builds (with/without cam…RetroArch 1.2.2) and the Nightly´s. Nothing seems to work, the UI seems to hang if i click on Online Updater>Core Updater. The same happens if i click on “Load Core”. Manually Download the cores and put them into the Retroarch core folder doesnt work.

Best Regards Sry for my bad English (German here)

Works fine here. Make sure it’s not getting firewalled, etc.

Thanks for the quick reply. i dont have anything related to a Firewall. to be clear, what do you mean with firewall ? I checked the Permissions Tab in the System Settings and RetroArch has full Control (hope you know what i mean). Adb Plus (Add Block with Root Access) is for the time being set to “off”. So …no… Retroarch schouldn’t be blocked by anything related to a Firewall or i miss something. So please help me out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Some Ideas:

• would it helps if i wipe dalvik cache/system/data/cache within TWRP Recovery ?

sry for Doublepost… I just came from a Factory Reset (wipe system/dalvik cache/cache). Freshly clean reinstall and the Problem with RetroArchs Content Updater persist (both stable and nightly builds)

Yeah, I meant at your network’s router. It requires internet access to be able to connect to our server.

i can access all Website related to RetroArch just fine. no firewall interrupt.

Edit: Push

nevermind, i found a solution. just turn off wifi und access online updater/coreupdater via mobile data and it works as intended. Thank for this awesome Piece of Application. I love it.

Best Regards