The "Explore" Menu

The “Explore” Menu displays only a small fraction of imported games that match a db entry.

Is this about the dbs missing the required info or something done wrong on the user side? I’d love for this section to be somewhat more useful. I know about matching files to db entries for importing into playlists but not about how the explore menu works.

If someone’s collection is not ginormous, maybe it would be possible to even edit/add this data manually so we can browse games per year/company etc?

Sure you can just fill the missing info locally with https://github.com/schellingb/RDBEd

1 Like

Thanks, so it’s basically editing the rdb files and then not re-downloading them (or keeping a copy) as any info I add will be lost I assume.

I do have another Q though for anyone who might know:

Some systems do not show up at all in “Explore”. All my SMS games do show up (and I assume now it’s just a matter of editing the data), all my Gamecube games do not. They should just show up in Explore -> By System Name, no? They were imported in a playlist successfully, so they must have matched the db entries.

Oh, and what about manually created playlists, can they be integrated somehow and show up in the “Explore” menu? Maybe with the correct “db_name” entry in the .lpl file.

After creating the playlists, the database must be updated.

Almost a month later… thanks for the pointers. Yeah, it is a bit of a pain filling in data, as you might imagine, but it’s also satisfying having everything auto-scan with thumbnails and getting all sorts of different views like these.

It would be perfect if it could display a short “description” for every game here, maybe underneath the thumbnail, but it is what it is, and it’s not bad at all.