The RetroArch Windows icon!

The RetroArch icon ( For Windows ) has a sharp edge in the top left corner which looks really weird TBH! Is the sharp corner intentionally there or is it some strange error?

I made a little fix! Please use it! I spend quite a bit of my time editing it!

I also don’t quite get why the logo is in a square, It looks better without it in a task bar and start menu so that’s something!

1 Like

Hi there.

If @hunterk agrees this is an improvement, then sure, we can use it. Thanks for contributing!

1 Like

And… do they like it?

Thank you Flooder, it looks much better with your icon (I haven’t realized about the squared top-left corner!).

1 Like

I’m fine with it. Looks good.

1 Like

Here is the dark variant fix:

I just thought of an idea! What if both black and white icons came with the executable? With that I mean, when you make an shortcut to the executable and right click it and go to properties and then click “Change Icon…” with some programs it shows multiple icons but with RetroArch it doesn’t! What if it also had an option for the dark icon on Windows? mockup:

3 Likes

There is this invader.ico in the RetroArch repository which looks like a new icon! So I am guessing my icons weren’t approved! :frowning:

i don’t think anything has been decided yet. I haven’t heard anything one way or the other, at least.

1 Like