There was an error waiting for the window “RetroArch ahk_class RetroArch” to become a

So I am getting this error trying to load anything for N64 or PS1. I was trying to read around on some different threads to find a solution. Do I need to find the right cores to avoid this error? If so,I was hoping someone could give me a slight instruction on how to do so. Much appreciation to anyone that can!

This is the error: There was an error waiting for the window “RetroArch ahk_class RetroArch” to become active. Please check you have the correct version emulator installed for this module, followed by any notes in the module, and have this emulator working outside your Frontend first. Also turn off Fade to see if you are hiding your problem.

If need be, I can send the text document from Rocketlauncher.

That’s not a RetroArch error. I would follow its advice, though, and make sure everything works outside of Hyperspin first.

Unfortunately I am not launching from hyperspin, I am using Rocketlauncher UI with the fade turned off. The files are in z64 format, maybe that is the issue? Or maybe I need to downgrade or upgrade something such as emulator setting within retroarch? Thanks for the reply

Ah, I didn’t realize Rocketlauncher was its own thing. I thought it was just a plugin for Hyperspin. Nevertheless, try launching RetroArch on its own and see if the game loads. If not , print the error message it gives you here.

Thanks again for the reply. Tried various things trying to run the z64 files. Selected the option ‘load file and detect core’. I had no problem with nes files, but when trying a z64 file, retroarch disappears with no error message.

So I have an update on the situation. Ive used mupenplus64 and Project 64 with success within rocketlauncher and hyperspin. So I am definitely doing something wrong within retroarch, any ideas on what I could be missing?

Try launching Retroarch from a command line like this: retroarch.exe --menu --verbose >> log.txt 2>&1

it will print any errors to a log file that you can peruse in a text editor.

Update: Ran the command line, and I still get nothing in the log but other games I have ran successfully. I attempted to run a z64 file through retroarch only, retroarch disappears. Tried loading the core then the file first, tried loading file and detect core, I tried changing the video driver to from gl to d3d and sd12, but unfortunately nothing different.

Make sure you have logging verbosity enabled under settings > logging

It was already on. I turned it off to see if I would get anything different, and I did not. I downloaded a separate retroarch, same version, I get the same results just an FYI. I really do appreciate the help. I also tried to run a n64 file instead of a z64 file, still no change.