Thumbnails on Android

Hello,

I’ve been trying to setup thumbnails on retroarch version 1.3.6. Its working for me when i do the download procedure on windows platform and i assume it works the same way on android. I’ve downloaded the images but nothing shows up when i look at the games on my playlist. Do i have to activate something special on the android platform to get it to work?

The problem about thumbnails is that it does not scrap based on your games (like emulationstation do for example), it just download the full set of each platform. Better stay away this feature on mobile.

Thanks! I probably need to check the name of the rom and the boxart name so that they match. I though the system made that correction by itself.

No, i did check the filename and the name of the boxart file and they match and i still dont get any visual picture in retroarch android. What else can i try?

In retroarch settings go to menu and go to the option thumbnail, try testing the 3 options to see if your images show up.

When i try different settings i come across this slider for thumbnails which i cannot slide to “On”. So there is something stopping me from activating thumbnails on 1.3.6 retroarch. What else can i try?

The ROM names does not need to match the thumbnails names… because the names inside the playlist file (.lpl) are based on no-intro databases rather the names on your ROM folder; RA just compare the names inside this file and the thumbnails (your roms just need to match the right md5 / crc hash).

Btw, I saw somewhere that the thumbnails download was broken on limited memory systems such as Android.

1 Like