Thunder Force Gold Pack 2 won't boot using Beetle Saturn Core

Can anyone confirm Thunderforce Gold Pack 2 boots on Saturn Beetle Core? On my end, it just causes RA to exit.

If it does work for you, what format is the game in? I’m attempting to use a MAME softlist CHD version. Gold Pack 1 works fine, but its in another format. I checked the Core Dox and Beetle supports CHDs.

Thanks all!

it would be helpful if you posted a log of you trying and failing to load it. That may tell us why it’s failing to load.

Whats a “LOT”? Do you mean Log?

Its a fresh install of RA direct from website. I have correct BIOS files and other US/JAP games load.

sorry, that was a typo. Log.

Will post a log this evening. I didn’t know RA created one, but admittedly I didn’t RTFM :slight_smile:

kk, it doesn’t create one by default, you’ll have to generate one (not a difficult process): https://docs.libretro.com/guides/generating-retroarch-logs/

1 Like

Error log exceeds maximum allowed character to post here :frowning:

When it starts, I see “Uncorrectable error at sector 0” for a brief period. Something else I noticed is that it appears to be attempting to load the US BIOS when it should be using the JAP version.

Does that help at all?

Can you post the whole log at pastebin.com and then post the link here?

Your disk dump is bad, the game boots up just fine for me. “Uncorrectable error at sector 0” errors can be corrected though, try renaming the disk image and editing the .cue file in notepad to reflect the name change. I have seen games with really long file names cause that error. If that doesn’t fix it you can try fixing it with CDMage.

2 Likes

Hmmm… was hoping it was a good dump coming from MAME, but I guess even they have problems now and then. Whats funny is I own a sealed copy of this game. I just don’t want to open it.

If it’s a CHD that came from the Mame set it should be ok or atleast fixable with the methods I mentioned above. The few times I have encountered that error I have been able to fix them. I do know the game itself does work though because I recently downloaded it and added it to my collection.

1 Like

I snagged a bin/cue from another site that works. Not a Redump or TruRip, but oh well :slight_smile:

@hunterk

Are you still interested in the txt file of the CHD?

*The CHD that won’t boot in RA Works in MAME, BTW.

Sure, wouldn’t hurt to take a look.