Tiny artifacts around pixels when using GL video driver

I’m running the latest Retroarch on Windows 10, just grabbed it from the website and installed. Some cores, like Game Gear, have some odd graphical artifacts on the top and bottom of pixels. Switching to integer scaling, or switching the video driver (to d3d11 for example) fixes it. What could be causing this?

that’s just a relatively normal driver/nearest-neighbor scaling thing. It can happen with any of the video drivers and just results from random variations in the texel sampling. Your solutions are both reasonable solutions. Another is to use one of the shaders from the ‘interpolation’ directory to anti-alias the pixel edges in non-integer situations.

1 Like

ahh so it’s unavoidable with the gl video driver and my current PC setup? Without resorting to other measures, that is

Hopefully D3D11 performs as well as GL, I read in a random thread somewhere that it can actually perform better.

yeah, it’s usually better. The only issue is that cores that require GL won’t work with it. However, they should silently switch to GL in the background when necessary, so no big deal.

1 Like

Yeah if that happens then everything should be hunky dory. Thanks!!

1 Like