Touch Input and Custom Config Issues with 1.6.3

Hi,

I’m trying to update to 1.6.3 on iOS 10.3.2 (jailed) and I’m coming across a few weird issues. The first is with saving custom configs. If I access Main Menu>Configurations> Save Current Configuration or load a core and access Quick Menu > Save Core Overrides the menu does not seem to respond as pressed and I’m not seeing any configs saved in my config directory. Oddly, I can save a new configuration, I just can’t seem to “save current configuration”. Is anyone else having this issue?

Edit: After messing around more I’ve also noticed some general issues with the way the menus react. For example, when trying to change video settings touching anywhere on the screen seems to only toggle the display framerate value. It seems like it’s having issues reading touch input with the pages on the settings page (at least driver, video, and audio) where RetroArch can only edit the top option.

Edited again: as more info became clear.

P.S. is there any way to turn off the game being shown behind the menu when you access the menu after loading a game?

Do you have access to the Logs?

P.S. is there any way to turn off the game being shown behind the menu when you access the menu after loading a game?

Close content.

I’m not sure how to create logs in iOS but here’s the console output from Xcode after a build->run and a quick play around with the affected menus:

https://pastebin.com/fT5UQW4Z

If I close the content, won’t I lose access to changing settings for that game/core though?

Edit: I’ve been playing around some more, it doesn’t seem to be saving settings at all and won’t load them if I specify a new config directory (I verified this by changing shader settings for FCEUX exiting and then trying to reload the same ROM (Ducktales). Also, recently played playlist is not getting updated.

First issue where you can’t tap to select an option you want to change. there is a way around to change settings is by going to 2nd page. To go to 2nd page, tap on top middle of the screen. I would recommend to use 2nd page menu till they fix the issue. For the second issue, you need to be on 2nd menu page and go to settings>User interface> Menu> Background opacity> change the value to 1.000 . The background will be white and the game won’t show behind the menu.

1 Like

Great, both those suggestions help a lot (and now I know what that 2nd menu page was for!). Do you know if the fix is something I should expect soon or if it’s something that’s on the back burner?

Now my only remaining issue is that my configs just do not seem to be saving. Using the 2nd page I’m able to select “save current config” but I get an error saying it can’t save in whatever directory it’s set to. If I change the directory, it allows me to tap the icon to save current config but it still doesn’t seem to actually save anything. Note that Using the “Save a new config” I can create the file just fine.

For the taping issue I don’t know if the fix will come soon or not. But for the saving the configuration there is no problem with it just follow the instructions:

1- create a folder for example “configuration”. It’s optional but it’s good to keep the foldedrs organized.

2- go to settings>directory>config/ choose the folder you just created “configuration”. Then double press on the home button to save the current configuration.

3- now run any game for example contra 3 + snes9x core. Then you can apply any changes on configuration and tap on save core/game override. When you run the saved game/core next time you will see message “configuration override loaded”. By the way, you may come across a message failed to save, this heppens when run a game and trying to save the current configuration. Either quit the game or use save core/game override.

Thank you. I’ve been using a folder called “configs” since 1.3.6 but clearing everything in there and then setting the directory to there I still get a “failed to save” error when I double tap (no core loaded).

Which, again, is strange since I can save a new config just fine.

I’ve also been able to save my core overrides successfully but I’m not seeing them get loaded when I load a rom with the core.

If you are using retroarch 1.5.0 or above then you need to rename or delete the “configs” folder to let “configs” file to be installed.

2 Likes

OK, that seemed to solve the issue. Thank you very much!

1 Like