Transferring PS1 memory cards to Beetle PSX?

I have the official Sony memory card adapter for the PS3, and I would like to take my MGS save and load it in Retroarch (Beetle PSX). Aside from seeing references to it being done, I can’t find any resources on how to actually do it. Copying the .mc file and renaming it to Metal Gear Solid (USA).srm doesn’t work, so clearly there’s more I need to do.

Any help?

Maybe try converting the save using a save manager on pc. I use either PSXGameEdit or Memory Card REX. They are both made for Windows but work fine on Linux with WINE if you’re into that.

I don’t have an adapter but maybe it copys individual saves as .mc and not a whole memory card image like the emulators expect or something.

When I download an individual DexDrive .gme file from gamefaqs I load it into one of these programs and save a whole memory card image as an .mc file. A simple rename as you have done and it works. Hopefully it’ll work for you too.

PSXGameEdit (download at the bottom of the very long page) http://moberg-dybdal.dk/psxge/

Memory Card REX (a little buggy in WINE but still very usable)

1 Like

Thanks. It turns out the issue was the game’s save states. They were overwriting the SRM file. Deleting the save states fixed it.