Trouble running PS1 with retroarch

I recently set up retroarch to run my PlayStation 1 games in hyperspin. Some of the games run no problem other games give me a windows error “retroarch.exe has stopped working” should I be looking at possibly a missing dll file or something else?

Could be a missing or incorrect BIOS if only games from a certain region (NTSC-U, NTSC-J, PAL) are crashing.

A log would be helpful. Instructions in my signature.

‘retroarch_debug.exe’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

that’s what the log file says, I got the following log that was created by rocket launcher ui below

http://pastebin.com/4ZTpFurj

Inside your RetroArch folder you need to press Shift+Right-click and then click ‘Open command window here’ then input the command there. Alternatively you can open a regular command prompt and type in the file path to the folder that contains the executable and then paste the rest of the command in. Ex: D:\Users\Apple\RetroAch\retroarch_debug.exe --menu --verbose >> log.txt 2>&1

That is exactly what I did, and that was the log that was created, which is why I went with the rocket launcher log

That’s not a log file though… That’s just the command prompt telling you that you did it wrong.

ok so what am I doing wrong? I open the folder with RA in it, 'D:\Arcade\emulators\RetroArch". I shift-right-click and hit open command window here. the path is already there “D:\Arcade\emulators\RetroArch” and I type in “retroarch_debug.exe --menu --verbose >> log.txt 2>&1”. I have checked the spelling multiple times. I’m really confused as to where I messed up.

I know this is a longshot but is the retroarch_debug.exe actually in the folder?

it appears that no, there is not debug anywhere in my retroarch folder. I got it in there with all required dll files and ran the debug. here it is:

http://pastebin.com/4CuPpMyw

That’s much better. However, I’m not seeing it try to launch anything in that log. Did you try to play a game to log the crash?

Wow, ya know I told myself that I should probably do that yesterday then today came and poof. I will try to load one and get back to you

no matter what I do it gives me the same log file, before the log was for 1.3.6 because that’s where I got it from since 1.1 didn’t come with it, so I updated and I get the same thing. doesn’t matter if I run a game and it crashes or run a game that works. I load up RA and it gives e the version and no cores. I found an error in rocket launcher that says my module might not be compatible with my version of RA, the only problem is I cannot find an updated retroarch.ahk file anywhere. am I looking in the wrong spot?