Trouble to keep hiscore in FBA core.

Hello guys,

This is my first post on libretro. I made a little build using Retroarch on Windows 10 64bits. I download and use Retroarch 64b 1.7.4 stable build.

My roms are all from FBA set.42

So, i pick an old hiscore.dat from there : https://github.com/libretro/fbalpha/pull/128/commits/d5620acef398286d5fc05c8d5e8bab98ec5923e6

I put it in

• my roms folder \roms\cps1\hiscore.dat,
  • my systems folder \RetroArch\system
  • my save folder \RetroArch\saves

In my retroarch-core-options.cfg : fbalpha2012_hiscores = “enabled”

I dont know what i can do now, if you have any idea, i take it :slight_smile: Thanks to all :slight_smile:

So :

1. You are using fbalpha2012, this is seriously weird considering this is an old core kept for slow hardware like the wii and such
  2. This is not where you put hiscore.dat
  3. This hiscore.dat is not “old” and not compatible with fbalpha2012 to my knowledge
  4. You are using .42 romset with an emulator expecting .24 romset, expect TONS of roms not working

My recommandations :

1. Use the normal fbalpha core
  2. Update your romset to current .43 (or don’t complain if you have not-working roms)
  3. Follow instructions at https://github.com/libretro/fbalpha
  • 1 - Sorry, my mistake, i use fbalpha, not the 2012 except for CPS1 & CPS2
  • 2 - No problems, my pack is ok, and i have enough rom who are ok.
  • 2 - I try to put the file in this folder. I’m wrong for sure, cause it not works

So, i saw : hiscore.dat Copy hiscore.dat to SYSTEM_DIRECTORY/fba/

In retroarch, on windows, the correct folder will be : [letterdriver]:\retroarch\system\fba Is that correct? And i have to put the hiscore.dat inside.

Thanks BarbuDreadmon for your answer.

Yes it is, however it won’t work for cps1/cps2 if you are using another core for those.

Hey BarbuDreadMon,

So, its still wont work. Weird, maybe it’s my rompack 0.42 version who dont work with the hiscore file.

• I use fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro for CPS1 games
  • I use fbalpha2012_cps2_libretro for CPS2 games
  • I use fbalpha_libretro for other games

I use fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro for NeoGeo games and for it, it works.

I will continue to investigate :slight_smile:

Again, that’s normal, you are using the wrong emulator for this hiscore.dat. Use fbalpha or use anothe hiscore.dat

@BarbuDreadMon Ok…

My bad, sorry i’m not english native, so sometimes i dont understand clearly…

So i change the core for 1941j.zip from fbalpha CPS1 to fbalpha_Libretro.dll and it works… I’m shame :smiley:

I will check for my other pack.

I made a build with separate folder like for Banpresto, Visco etc to have different bezels in retroarch.

Edit : So as i made different folder i try few games from different folder :

• Banpresto Mazinger : Wrong

• Irem Air Duel : Ok

• I check in the hiscore.dat, Mazinger is here. I will select another zip from 0.43 maybe to test.

So as to be clear if someone find this post and have the same trouble.

• My first mistake was to save hiscore.dat with right click on it (i know, i inspire guys for dumb & dumber movie) so it was an .dat with html code inside. The correct file is like less than 300ko
  • So open the link file (from there : https://github.com/libretro/fbalpha), copy and paste all the text in a notepad and save it as hiscore.dat

Use fbalpha_libretro.dll core for all your games if you want to save hiscore.

And at this point some games will never save hiscore but for other one you find in the file it should work.

@BarbuDreadMon let me know if i’m correct now? Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

You are correct, and banpresto mazinger not supporting hiscores is actually normal, it needs to be enabled in the source code for each game, and it is disabled for this one, i’ll look if it’s safe to enable hiscores on it.

Hum ok, i thought if i found it in the hiscore.dat, that will say it works… But no :wink: I’ve got a lot of rom i would like to enable Hiscore, if it dont bother you, maybe i can help you to check if its works or not for differents rom.

I’ve got a lattest 0.43 fba set, i check all of my folder and copy/past rom to be sure to have only 0.43 roms to test.

Yes, give me a list of games where it’s not working and where you would like hiscores, try to keep the list short.

PS : the update with mazinger hiscore support should be on the buildbot soon.

Hello @BarbuDreadMon,

So, i try to make it clear. I was working on my build on the DataEast pack so i try all the game from my pack and made a google doc. Let me know if its ok for you and if you have access to it.

FBA Hiscore test

It was a big pack, let me know too if its not too big. Regards, matt.

No that’s not ok, i have absolutely 0 interest in hiscores or any other “who has the biggest” feature, while adding it for 3-4 games would be ok, i won’t spend hours adding hiscore to all games, i’ve better things to do.

Oh sorry, i didnt know it was so long to do it. No need to be upset or i don’t know.

No probs, thanks for you help.