Trouble with PSX titles

Hi all,

I’m new to running Retroarch on Windows. Have Lakka running great on my Raspberry Pi.

Currently I am Running Retroarch 1.6.2 on Windows 10. Trying to launch PSX games with Beetle PSX.

I have two issues:

1. When I launch games, all I get is a black screen. No sound.
  2. I can only launch games with a .CUE or .PBP file extension. I’m used to running Retroarch on the Raspberry Pi. PCSX-Rearmed happily launches my collection of .ISO files there. I’d prefer not to have to mess around with .CUE files…

Relevant information: I have SCPH1001.BIN in the SYSTEM folder. Video card is a GTX 1060.

1 Like

mednafen requires specific bioses scph5500.bin, scph5501.bin and scph5502.bin for asian, north american and europe games, the three bios files are required

1 Like

Thank you friend, that was my issue.

Looks like I’ll need to create some CUE files for my games which is a pain. Is there a tool that I can use to do it automatically? I have about 50 games, all .ISO at present, no .CUE files.

i think “*.iso” are not supported by Retroarch. All CD-Images should be: “*.cue” + "*.bin "

Hi all!

Thanks for your help. I had some .CUE files backed up so have restored them. For the rest, I just built a quick Powershell script to generate .CUE files for each of my ISO files. Worked like a charm :slight_smile:

For reference, the code is:

$files = Get-ChildItem ./* -include *.iso,*.bin,*.img,*.mdf
ForEach ($file in $files) {
	$theFile = $file.name #just the filename
	$theName = $file.name -replace ".{4}$" #the filename minus the file extension
	$outputFile = $theName + ".cue"
    write-output "FILE ""$theFile"" BINARY" | out-file $outputFile -Append -encoding utf8
	write-output "  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352" | out-file $outputFile -Append -encoding utf8
	write-output "    INDEX 01 00:00:00" | out-file $outputFile -Append -encoding utf8
}