Trust GXT 540 does not work and make Retroarch crasch on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

Hello,

I have an Raspberry Pi 3 Model B running latest “stable” RetroPie dist. and a Trust GXT 540 gamepad.

Version of Retroarch, RetroArch: Frontend for libretro – v1.3.6 – d8acba1 – Compiler: GCC (4.9.2) 32-bitBuilt: Dec 11 2016

The gamepad is recognized as this, [ 3.756721] input: SHANWAN Android Gamepad as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.5/1-1.5:1.1/0003:2563:0515.0007/input/input3

Shanwan? It’s a Trust? =)

Well, I managed to configure the control in Retroarch but It’s not working in any emulator, and when I try to select this controller in the “Quick Menu” from an emulator, the Retroarch config gui freezes a couple of seconds and then crashes and take me back to “Emustation”.

I can’t find any log files, but i choosed to start the emulator with logging from Emustation, maybe they erases when you reboot.

Well does anybode know something about this? Or do I have to fix the log files first? or does Retroarch have some logfiles that I don’t find?

Best Regards, NoidP.

to get a log file from retroarch, you need to add --verbose and --log-file whatever.txt to your launch command.

Try disabling input autoconfiguration, manually configure it in p1 input binds and then try it in-game. If the gamepad is being wrongly recognized and autoconfigured for that wrong pad, it will autoconfigure back to the wrong config as soon as you load a game.

I’m using RetroPie and Emulationstation that’s starting Retroarch through runcommand.sh but I got a log file but it does not say so much, you can look at it here, http://pastebin.com/i69psy62

Just invalid device and segmentation fault.

hmm, yeah, it shows some errors with the audio device but that shouldn’t matter once it defaults back to alsa. Can you get a backtrace with gdb?

Ok, here is a backtrace log,

http://pastebin.com/rWySh94N

I hope it says you more then it does for me… =)

Have you had any time to look in to this? =)

Yeah, I can’t really tell what’s up :frowning:

Does this behavior occur with all cores? or just snes9x?

It shouldn’t be crashing either way, but you shouldn’t need to select the pad in the quick menu. You should be able to bind your inputs in RetroArch, save the autoconfig profile, exit, restart and it should print some yellow text about “such and such pad configured”.