Trying to do Custom Autoconfig on controllers

Is there a trick to creating your own autoconfigs?

I’m trying to set it up so that it will automatically invert the left and right analogue sticks up/down inputs when I plug in an Xbox Controller.

It seems like I did it right, and I get the message the controller is setup right… but it never changes.

Can you post what you changed? and did you make sure to do it to the correct driver’s file(s)?

Ok so in “…\RetroArch\autoconfig\xinput” I have “XInput Controller (User 1).cfg” with the following inside it:

input_driver = “xinput”

input_device = “XInput Controller (User 1)”

input_l_y_plus_axis = “-1”

input_l_y_minus_axis = “+1”

input_r_y_plus_axis = “-3”

input_r_y_minus_axis = “+3”

This should be overriding the default configuration if the Xinput controller is detected, yes?

hypothetically, yeah. Can you try removing that cfg entirely and seeing if you still have controller input? I mention this because I think Windows did some weird stuff with xinput fairly recently, and it may have overridden our autoconfigs.

Well I have every controller mapped to Xpadder (with the exception of analogue sticks in some cases)

So, it’s still sending keyboard signals to RA

if you’re using xpadder between the gamepad and RA, and RA just sees keyboard events, then you’ll need to change the keyboard mapping because the gamepad event is never making it to RA to have the autoconfig even take effect.

The analogue sticks are mapped straight in retroarch though, so RA is seeing both keyboard and controller events at the same time. It’s the same way I setup dual z-triggers on N64.

Z-Trigger gets set to both “z” on the keyboard (My Left Trigger) and “+5” on the controller (My Right Trigger).