Trying to figure out the FBA core

Hi I’m trying to use the FBA core for AES emulation. I’m able to get access to the unibios but I’m unable to select anything. I can move up and down with my 360 controller but pressing any of the buttons does not enter for example the “Hard Dip” or “Soft Dip” to change to AES mode.

Also pressing the A button on my controller resets the game whether I’m in arcade controller or gamepad controller settings which is odd because that is a main gameplay button mapped in retro pad.

Is this core broke or something? Can someone help?

Try updating to latest retroarch (from git) or go back to 1.0.0.3-beta, i reported this bug some weeks ago and it was corrected (except if it came back ?).

Hey thanks for the response. Yea I updated to the latest nightly and it works now. I use the fba_cores_neo_libretro.dll.

But, new problem. I can now set the options to turn the game to Region USA and Console mode. But if I quit retroarch and reboot the game, the unibios defaults back to Japan Arcade. I know regular FBA creates a save ram or nvram when you make changes like that but I did not see any new srm files created.in Retroarchs directories.

Any ideas? I really want to use FBA in RA because you are able to get rid of a lot of the slowdown in games plus I want to use the CRT filters. MAME doesn’t allow you to oc the z80 processor.