Trying to find a way to gain parity amongst save state screenshots

So (at least at current) I dont use screenshots in the literal sense. I do use the screenshot of save state feature though.

I have kept gpu screenshot off for a few reasons.

1. the screenshots look better to me as they dont include a picture of the notification popping up saying your saving a state and they dont capture corners of your overlay here or there

2. they capture the original resolution which i find helpful as a quick reference to a machines reso :stuck_out_tongue:

3. theyre substantially lighter weight of course

my issue is that it seems beetle psx is capturing the giant shaded overlaid 4k resolution state images regardless of the SS setting.

i imagine this wouldnt be the case if i swapped to beetle psx non-hw right? then the problem comes from other cores that are hardware rendered i would assume.

what are my options here? A feature request to circumvent the forced full resolution capture of hardware cores or a feature request to disable the “non-game” stuff from appearing in a capture when gpu screenshot is enabled? (if either are even possible)

just trying to determine what options exist

Yeah, non-GPU screenshots capture the framebuffer before applying any shaders, etc. In the case of hardware-rendered cores, that’s still late in the chain.

hmm. my ocd would normally compel me to give up everything and shift over to gpu screenshots then so they all look the same.

then the problem is the screenshots picking up the “saving state 100%” notification in the image lol.

looks like i wont be able to win this one. gonna have to pick my poison so to speak.