Trying to get hitari_libretro working for Atari ST? Anyone managed this??

Hi all, I’m using RetroArch with Hyperspin and RocketLauncher and, after a bit of googling and youtube’ing I’ve managed to successfully set up RetroArch for the SNES, Playstation 1 and Megadrive (Genesis).

These are all working brilliantly and I thought I had sussed setting everything up… and then came the Atari ST!

I have previously managed to use STeem emulator successfully as standalone but would really like to keep using RetroArch for my ST emulation.

So I added hitari_libretro.dll to my system last night but can’t get any rom to launch. Whenever I try and launch a rom it just crashes retroarch. The windows error message ‘details’ mention “StackHash_ca1c” if that means anything to anyone?

So… here’s what I’ve done…

I added the hitari core via retroarch. I set up rocket launcher to use retroarch for Atari ST emulation and pointed the emulator to hitari_libretro.dll in the global settings (in RocketLauncher) I used a known ‘good’ tos img and named it as “tos.img” and put it in the main retroarch folder, it’s also in the retroarch/system folder.

Still no joy… so I googled and found something about needing a hitari.cfg file? But I couldn’t find that confirmed anywhere, nor could I find what the hitari.cfg file was meant to contain?

I only have a few roms but these are zip files with ipf files inside them (not sure if that’s significant but thought I would mention it in case that is my issue)?

So… I thought I would ask the experts to see if anyone else has any experience of this and can maybe lend a hand.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have almost the same problem. The difference is… I don’t use any launcher. Before crash I see a message but couldn’t manage to read yet. Some thing like not compatible for this device or… but not sure…

I have also read things about config file adjustment… But haven’t tried anything about it.

One more thing is. Everything seems fine in windows 10 and retroarch and hatari.

This all happens in Android.