Turbografx unzipped rom files remain after playing

Hi, I have mednafen_pce_fast as mi Turbografx core, running perfectly save for a small issue. I have all roms in zip format for every system, and after exiting a game there’s no trace of the roms whatsoever. But for Turbografx, for some reason, the extracted .pce file remains in the /roms/pcengine/ folder, with the unwanted side effect of duplicating the game name in the game list, and also all those new entries pop up whenever I use the scraper.

Of course I might just leave all roms unzipped, but I wanted to know if there is some config option to fix this behavior.

this issue is suppose to be fixed a long time ago… update your core.

I can confirm it still happens on windows 7 x64 here with pce_fast.
I made a “cache” directory in Retroarch path settings to clean them in a single place for the different cores that do that.

pce_fast only? not in supergrafx?

I updated the core and the issue is still present. I only have pce_fast installed, not tried supergrafx. Can I use the supergrafx core to emulate pce/turbografx games?

core has just been updated with the fix. try to update from online updater and check if its already there. if not have to wait a few hours for buildbot to be updated…

YES, you can run pce/tg16 roms in supergrafx fine.

1 Like

I updated the core and it seems to be working ok now. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like